Mooiste quote

Praten en discussiëren over films in de breedste zin van het woord.
Plaats reactie
gert
Oscar winnaar
Oscar winnaar

Mooiste quote

Bericht door gert » 20 mei 2003 13:39

Ik heb er al vele langs zien komen in de verschillende topics; maar dit vindt ik toch wel een eigen topic waard.

Laat ik maar een quote nemen uit m'n lievelingsfilm Don Juan DeMarco:
There are those who believe
that a single soul, born in heaven
can split up into twin spirits
and shoot, like fallen stars to earth
where over oceans and continents
their magnetic forces will finally reunite.
How else could one explain love at first sight?
ik hou van theorieën en deze is ook nog eens poëtisch...

Simon
Filmster
Filmster

Bericht door Simon » 20 mei 2003 16:04

De moeder aller quotes:
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock." (The Third Man, gesproken en verzonnen door Orson Welles)

Colonel_Kurz
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame
Contacteer:

Bericht door Colonel_Kurz » 20 mei 2003 16:11

Simon schreef:De moeder aller quotes:
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock." (The Third Man, gesproken en verzonnen door Orson Welles)
The Third Man is toch echt gebaseerd op het gelijknamige boek van Graham Greene.

Simon
Filmster
Filmster

Bericht door Simon » 20 mei 2003 16:17

Colonel_Kurz schreef:
The Third Man is toch echt gebaseerd op het gelijknamige boek van Graham Greene.
De quote is tijdens het filmen verzonnen door OW, en de film is weer gebaseerd op het hoorspel (weer van OW), die weer was gebaseerd op het boek.

Dacht ik hoor.

Colonel_Kurz
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame
Contacteer:

Bericht door Colonel_Kurz » 20 mei 2003 16:21

Simon schreef:
Colonel_Kurz schreef:
De quote is tijdens het filmen verzonnen door OW, en de film is weer gebaseerd op het hoorspel (weer van OW), die weer was gebaseerd op het boek.

Dacht ik hoor.
Dat zou kunnen. Ik doelde er eigenlijk alleen maar op dat The Third Man niet door Orson Welles is verzonnen, maar door Graham Greene.

Hugo
Bijrol
Bijrol
Contacteer:

Bericht door Hugo » 21 mei 2003 22:32

1. Morpheus (The Matrix):
"This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill: the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill: you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."
2. Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry):
"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six bullets, or only five?
Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I've kinda lost track myself, but being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off...you've got to ask yourself one question... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?"

3. President Muffley (Dr. Strangelove)
Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
4. Full Metall Jacket:
HOOKER Hey, baby, you got girlfriend Vietnam?
JOKER Not just this minute.
HOOKER Well, baby, me so horny. Me so horny. Me love you long time. You party?
JOKER Yeah, we might party. How much?
HOOKER Fifteen dolla.
JOKER Fifteen dollars for both of us?
HOOKER No. Each you fifteen dolla. Me love you long time. Me so horny.
JOKER Fifteen dollar too boo-coo. Five dollars each.
HOOKER Me suckee-suckee. Me love you too much.
JOKER Five dollars is all my mom allows me to spend.
HOOKER Okay! Ten dolla each.
JOKER What do we get for ten dollars?
HOOKER Everything you want.
JOKER Everything?
HOOKER Everything.
5. Tommy (Goodfellas):
But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me?
en
What the fuck are you doing? You're hanging around my fuckin' neck like a vulture, like impending death!

gert
Oscar winnaar
Oscar winnaar

Bericht door gert » 22 mei 2003 13:02

Hugo schreef:3. President Muffley (Dr. Strangelove)
_O_

Colonel_Kurz
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame
Contacteer:

Bericht door Colonel_Kurz » 22 mei 2003 14:50

gert schreef:
_O_
[The President calls the Soviet Premier.]
President Merkin Muffley: [to Kissoff] "Hello? ... Ah ... I can't hear too well. Do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? ... Oh-ho, that's much better. ... yeah ... huh ... yes ... Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri. ... Clear and plain and coming through fine. ... I'm coming through fine, too, eh? ... Good, then ... well, then, as you say, we're both coming through fine. ... Good. ... Well, it's good that you're fine and ... and I'm fine. ... I agree with you, it's great to be fine. ... a-ha-ha-ha-ha ... Now then, Dmitri, you know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the Bomb. ... The *Bomb*, Dmitri. ... The *hydrogen* bomb! ... Well now, what happened is ... ah ... one of our base commanders, he had a sort of ... well, he went a little funny in the head ... you know ... just a little ... funny. And, ah ... he went and did a silly thing. ... Well, I'll tell you what he did. He ordered his planes ... to attack your country... Ah... Well, let me finish, Dmitri. ... Let me finish, Dmitri. ... Well listen, how do you think I feel about it?! ... Can you *imagine* how I feel about it, Dmitri? ... Why do you think I'm calling you? Just to say hello? ... *Of course* I like to speak to you! ... *Of course* I like to say hello! ... Not now, but anytime, Dmitri. I'm just calling up to tell you something terrible has happened... It's a *friendly* call. Of course it's a friendly call. ... Listen, if it wasn't friendly ... you probably wouldn't have even got it. ... They will *not* reach their targets for at least another hour. ... I am ... I am positive, Dmitri. ... Listen, I've been all over this with your ambassador. It is not a trick. ... Well, I'll tell you. We'd like to give your air staff a complete run-down on the targets, the flight plans, and the defensive systems of the planes. ... Yes! I mean i-i-i-if we're unable to recall the planes, then ... I'd say that, ah ... well, ah ... we're just gonna have to help you destroy them, Dmitri. ... I know they're our boys. ... All right, well listen now. Who should we call? ... *Who* should we call, Dmitri? The ... wha-whe, the People... you, sorry, you faded away there. ... The People's Central Air Defense Headquarters. ... Where is that, Dmitri? ... In Omsk. ... Right. ... Yes. ... Oh, you'll call them first, will you? ... Uh-huh ... Listen, do you happen to have the phone number on you, Dmitri? ... Whe-ah, what? I see, just ask for Omsk information. ... Ah-ah-eh-uhm-hm ... I'm sorry, too, Dmitri. ... I'm very sorry. ... *All right*, you're sorrier than I am, but I am as sorry as well. ... I am as sorry as you are, Dmitri! Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are. ... So we're both sorry, all right?! ... All right."

Konami
Regisseur
Regisseur

Bericht door Konami » 22 mei 2003 15:13

Leon
Mathilda: Leon, what exactly do you do for a living?
Léon: Cleaner.
Mathilda: You mean you're a hit man?
Léon: Yeah.
Mathilda: Cool

Leon: Stansfield?
Stansfield: At your service.
Léon: This is from... Matilda.
Stansfield:Shit.

Leon: Revenge is not good. Once you're done. Believe me

Norman Stansfield: Bring me everyone.
Benny: What do you mean "everyone"?
Norman Stansfield: EVERYONE

Die Hard (1 +3)
John McClane: Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!

John McClane: Look I fail you cover my ass. You fail I cover your ass!
Zeus: And if we both fail?
John McClane: Then were both fucked!

[Na dat John Zeus een wapen geeft]
John McClane: You know how to fire one of these?
Zeus: No.
John McClane: No?!
Zeus: Hey, all brothers don't know how to use guns, you racist motherfucker.
Er zitten te veel mooie Quotes in deze film, daarom ga ik ze niet allemaal over typen.

Colonel_Kurz
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame
Contacteer:

Bericht door Colonel_Kurz » 22 mei 2003 15:20

Taxi Driver:

Travis Bickle:
"The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people."

"Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up."

"Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."

(tegen een spiegel) "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? Huh? Ok."

"Twelve hours of work and I still can't sleep. Damn. Days go on and on. They don't end."

"Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man."

Hugo
Bijrol
Bijrol
Contacteer:

Bericht door Hugo » 22 mei 2003 17:43

Colonel_Kurz schreef:
[The President calls the Soviet Premier.]
President Merkin Muffley: [to Kissoff] "Hello? ... Ah ... I can't hear too well. Do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little? ... Oh-ho, that's much better. ... yeah ... huh ... yes ... Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri. knipperdeknip
:D

President Muffley: "Dimitri, I'm sorry they're jamming your radar and flying so low but they're trained to do it.... You know, it....it....it's initiative."
===
General "Buck": "Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed! But I DO say no more than ten to twenty million killed - tops! - eh, depending on the breaks!"
===
Dr. Strangelove: "It would not be difficult, Mein Fuhrer! Nuclear reactors could.....oh, I'm sorry - Mr. President........nuclear reactors could provide power almost indefinately. Greenhouses could maintain plant life......animals could be bred and SLAUGHTERED!......."

Ik moet hem maar weer eens gaan kijken :)

Rooster
Regisseur
Regisseur

Bericht door Rooster » 22 mei 2003 22:53

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it!

Elwood: Shit!
Jake: What?
Elwood: Rollers...
Jake: No!
Elwood: Yeah.
Jake: Shit!

I want to buy your women...the little girl...your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your children!

en there's plenty more where that came from!

Kenji
Regisseur
Regisseur

Bericht door Kenji » 23 mei 2003 10:01

De fenomenale F. Murray Abraham in Amadeus,

Salieri's oorlogsverklaring aan God:

"From now on we are enemies, you and I. Because you choose for your instrument a boastful, lustful, smutty, infantile boy and give me only the ability to recognize the incarnation. Because you are unjust, unfair, unkind I will block you, I swear it. I will hinder and harm your creature on Earth as far as I am able. I will ruin your incarnation."

En over zijn plan voor de ultieme wraak:

"His funeral! Imagine it, all of Vienna there, Mozart's coffin, Mozart's little coffin in the middle, and then suddenly, in that silence, music! A divine music bursts out over them all. A great mass of death! Requiem mass for Wolfgang Mozart, composed by his dear friend, Antonio Salieri! Oh what sublimity, what depth, what passion in the music! Salieri has been touched by God at last. And God is forced to listen!! Powerless, powerless to stop it! I, for once in the end, laughing at him!!"

_O_ Zulke prachtige teksten... _O_

Qube
Figurant
Figurant

Bericht door Qube » 23 mei 2003 12:34

Some people say forgive and forget. Nah, I don't know. I say forget about forgiving and just accept. And... get the hell out of town.

Uit Grosse Pointe Blank

tyler durden
Hoofdrol
Hoofdrol

Bericht door tyler durden » 23 mei 2003 14:13

naja dialoog

I don't like my job and I don't think I'll go anymore.
Joanna: You're just not gonna go?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Joanna: Won't you get fired?
Peter Gibbons: I don't know. But I really don't like it and, uh, I'm not gonna go.
Joanna: So you're gonna quit?
Peter Gibbons: Uh-uh. Not really. I'm just gonna stop going.
Joanna: When did you decide all that?
Peter Gibbons: About an hour ago.
Joanna: So you're going to get another job?
Peter Gibbons: I don't think I'll like another job.
Joanna: Well what are you going to do about money? Bills?
Peter Gibbons: You know I never really liked paying bills, I don't think I'm going to do that either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Slydell: Looks like you've been missing quite a bit of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I wouldn't say I've been MISSING it, Bob.

Plaats reactie