Duikboot schreef:
patrob schreef:Maar het verklaart daarentegen wel weer het één en ander. :wink:
Hij is te makkelijk :D
..ik ben het gewend.. :}

emperor
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door emperor » 24 dec 2009 15:50

emperor schreef: de Jack Daniels Single barrel die ik ook ga halen binnenkort..ben benieuwd naar deze.
..inmiddels gehaald, dat viel nog niet mee, welgeteld 1 winkel had hem...meteen een fles Paddy Irish Whiskey meegenomen om lekkere Irish Coffee mee te maken.

Afbeelding

JB
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door JB » 24 dec 2009 17:41

Tip voor je Emperor: als je bijzondere whisk(e)y's of Bourbon's zoekt (of andere dranken), zou ik slijterij Ton Overmars op het Hoofddorpplein eens proberen. Die Jack Daniel Single Barrel van jou heeft hij in ieder geval ook. En bij bestellingen boven de 100 Euro komt hij het nog gratis brengen ook!

Net voor de feestdagen een fles Laphroaigh van 18 jaar voor een geweldige prijs gehaald :8

PS:Ze hebben ook een aardig aantal merken Absinth zie ik, maar daar ben jij
meer een kenner van..

emperor
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door emperor » 24 dec 2009 18:01

JB schreef: Net voor de feestdagen een fles Laphroaigh van 18 jaar voor een geweldige prijs gehaald :8
cheers!
..ik dacht dat jij meer een Jim Bean man was.. :)
JB schreef: PS:Ze hebben ook een aardig aantal merken Absinth zie ik, maar daar ben jij
meer een kenner van..
bestel ik altijd online, direct vanuit Zwitserland.
JB schreef:Tip voor je Emperor: als je bijzondere whisk(e)y's of Bourbon's zoekt (of andere dranken), zou ik slijterij Ton Overmars op het Hoofddorpplein eens proberen. Die Jack Daniel Single Barrel van jou heeft hij in ieder geval ook.
..waar denk je dat mijn fles vandaan komt?.. :D

tip:
ik gebruik deze site voor reverentie:
http://www.whiskymag.com/
Laatst gewijzigd door emperor op 24 dec 2009 18:12, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

JB
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door JB » 24 dec 2009 18:11

emperor schreef:..waar denk je dat mijn fles vandaan komt?.. :D
:D Had het kunnen weten (volgens mij is dat ook niet ver van jou vandaan).

PS. Alleen de initialen van Jim Beam zijn goed. :wink:

emperor
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door emperor » 24 dec 2009 18:14

JB schreef:
emperor schreef:..waar denk je dat mijn fles vandaan komt?.. :D
:D Had het kunnen weten (volgens mij is dat ook niet ver van jou vandaan).
kwartiertje fietsen..duurde iets langer nu.
JB schreef:[
PS. Alleen de initialen van Jim Beam zijn goed. :wink:
..ik vermoedde het al..
Ik had wel JafJoe hier onderhand verwacht moet ik eerlijk zeggen..

emperor
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door emperor » 24 dec 2009 19:49

Een videootje dan maar:

:lol:

WizardOfOss
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame
Contacteer:

Bericht door WizardOfOss » 24 dec 2009 20:21

JB schreef:PS. Alleen de initialen van Jim Beam zijn goed. :wink:
De drank is inderdaad niet echt geweldig (al krijg ik het ook puur best weg), maar de Jim Beam-barbecuesaus is dan wel weer geweldig...

El Chivo
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Re: Sterke dranken topic

Bericht door El Chivo » 09 aug 2010 23:23

Afbeelding

Uit de Russische/Oost-Europese speciaalzaak even verder in de straat. Ik dacht dat ik niet zo van wodka hield, maar, damn, deze is goed.

Vleeshaak
Regisseur
Regisseur
Contacteer:

Bericht door Vleeshaak » 10 aug 2010 09:51

Zojuist even naar de slijter geweest en deze weer eens meegenomen

Afbeelding

Net niet zo lekker als die van 18 jaar oud, maar aangezien deze op was een hele goede vervanger.

patrob
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame
Contacteer:

Bericht door patrob » 10 aug 2010 09:52

Grappig, die van 18 jaar oud heb ik momenteel dus thuis in de kast staan. Inderdaad erg lekker.

emperor
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door emperor » 21 aug 2010 10:06

Leuk (of juist niet) te vermelden de 10 slechtste whisky's:

1 Distilled Old Maltky - I don't think this is available outside Holland - Which is a good thing, really. Technically speaking, it isn't even whisky at 35%. Very cheap, though... About the only way to get completely pissed for less than $ 7.-, I would imagine. Still not worth it.

2 Big Blend - Quite frankly, I'm not sure why they call it "Big". The words I would personally use to describe it would be "Filthy Blend", but I guess that wouldn't look to good on the label.

3 The Claymore - The label goes on and on about the huge Scottish swords; not a word is wasted on the liquid contained inside the bottle. The whisky, like it's namesake, isn't very subtle - to put it mildly.
Just a few drops of this stuff can ruin a perfectly good glass of Coke.

4 King Robert II Scotch - According to the label it was "a whisky of top quality which is renowned throughout the world".
I've discovered that at least one of these claims is definitely false.

5 Old Scotsman Whisky - Not a very nice whisky. I certainly hope genuine old Scotsmen are nicer than their liquid namesake.
A friend described it as "Piss of the Devil" and I can sympathize with his assessment.

6 Gold Label Old Whisky - This is "a whisky for special occasions", according to the label.
Like when your having guests and you want to get rid of them as soon as possible, perhaps.

7 Mansion House - This is a whisky I'll never forget - And not only for the mind-boggling stupidity of it's name.
This blend is the only whisky that was (partly) responsible for the one and only time in my life when I have been literally sick after subjecting myself to a large variety of drinks. On my birthday nonetheless. (Don't paint yourself a mental picture here, It ain't a pretty sight...)

8 MacArthur Whisky - After the first glass I diluted the rest with half a bottle of Amaretto Liqueur to make it somewhat drinkable.

9 Red Tartan Whisky - Acid. The stuff seemed to slowly dissolve my tongue.
I rarely suffer from a hangover, but only three glasses of this stuff managed to spoil an entire morning in my life.

10 Old Smuggler's - Actually, the bottle should be warning enough - The guy that designed the bottle must've had a few glasses before he went to work. I wonder why anybody would want to smuggle this one anywhere.

Aldus de site van Malt Maniacs.

En dan nog:

'10 Rather Popular Whiskies That Shouldn't Be'
..dus dát bedoelde Metallica te zeggen in hun song "The Thing That Should Not Be" :wink:

VAT 69 - Apparently it's the favorite whisky of Freddy Heineken himself.
You should think he would be able to afford something better. This whisky is best used as either a pain- or party-killer.

MacAllister 8yo "Pure Malt" - A so-called 'vatted malt' (a blend of malt whiskies from different distilleries) that combines the worst of several single malts. Not a nice experience altogether. This gives malt whisky a bad name.

Ballantine's - Widely available, and that's about the only positive quality of this whisky. I had to drink it during my skiing-trip to France last winter because it was the only thing on offer apart from some conspicuous looking green liqueurs.

Glen Talloch (Blend, No age statement) - Another disappointment, especially compared to their rather nice 8yo vatted malt.
As I understand it, Glen Talloch is made especially for the Dutch market - and they sell loads of the stuff.

BlackBarrel - a single grain whisky from W. Grant & Sons - the people that bring us Grant's and Glenfiddich.
I should have known better. Perfect for cocktails, though, because you won't even know it's there.

Johnnie Walker Red Label - How can they sell so much of the stuff? It boggles my mind every time I doubt myself and decide to give it another good tasting on the reasoning that millions of people can't be wrong. Or can they?

Bell's (No age statement) - The less said the better - with bells on!

Famous Grouse - This is real nasty stuff, especially so considering the blend is said to contain Bunnahabhain and Highland Park.
Even people I personally know seem to like it, though.... I really wonder why, because it's quite 'rough & ready'.
Perhaps the company should concentrate on producing crockery instead of distillation?

William Lawson's - This whisky tastes just as bad as it's TV-commercial looks stupid.
I only use it to "spice up" a glass of Bailey's liqueur on a cold winter night.

Grant's - Never trust anything in a triangular bottle... The malty taste overpowers everything else. No balance whatsoever.
I'm ashamed to admit it was one of my favorites in the "early days", before I discovered Teacher's and single malts.

emperor
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door emperor » 03 sep 2010 12:45

Ik heb vandaag deze meegenomen:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Ron Zacapa Rum 23 YO.. :8

emperor
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door emperor » 03 sep 2010 20:42

Laatste aankoop: een Glengoyne 19 YO 1985/ gebotteld in 2004.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding
Laat de herfst nu maar komen!

emperor
Walk of Fame
Walk of Fame

Bericht door emperor » 10 sep 2010 19:20

Gisteren aangekomen:
Glengoyne 19yo 1985/2004 Summer (52.6%, OB, Cask #608)
The winner of the Highlands Awards OF Exellence.

Afbeelding
..zucht..ik kan het nog niet over mijn hart verkrijgen om hem open te maken.
gedestilleerd in de zomer van 1985 gebotteld in 2004.

Plaats reactie